YOU ARE ADOPTING FROM THE SULLIVAN ANIMAL POUND (CITY OF SULLIVAN) NOT HALO
Fees for adoption from the pound are only $10. Missouri residents only, unless arrangements made with Halo to obtain required health certificate
Most of these animals do not have a medical history, so a vet visit is extremely important.
All animals from the pound must be spayed or neutered regardless of whether they reside in Sullivan or not.
HALO offers a half-price spay/neuter certificate (not to exceed $50) for animals adopted from the pound (while funds continue to be available). These are redeemable at Sullivan Veterinary Hospital, Animal Clinic of Union, and St. Clair Pet Hospital, however; we will also accept spay/neuter bills from other vets with our certificate.
Mail to PO BOX 735 Sullivan, MO 63080
The following are the rights and obligations on the adoption form for the city of Sullivan, Animal Control Division.
- I hereby acknowledge receiving the above described animal.
- I agree to provide proper food, water, adequate shelter, and kind treatment at all times.
- I agree to take the animal to a veterinarian for examinations and immunizations as needed; and to procure immediate veterinary care at my own expense should the animal become ill or injured.
- I agree not to allow the animal to breed and to spay or neuter any unaltered animal in accordance with the terms of the City of Sullivan Municipal Ordinances.
- I agree to license the animal in compliance with the laws and ordinances in force in the municipality in which I reside.
- I agree to notify the animal control officer if I decide at any time that I can no longer keep the animal.
- I agree not to allow the animal to be used for medical or other experimental purposes.
- I understand that the animal control officer cannot guarantee the health, temperament, or training of the above described animal and hereby agree to release the City of Sullivan from all liability once the animal is in my possession.
- I agree not to let the above described animal to run at large in the City of Sullivan and keep the animals under control at all times.
10. I have read this section, I have had it explained to me and I completely understand and accept the rights and obligations involved.